Its about that time of the month again!! (and nooooo, not THAT time of the month….)….silly
Foodie Pen Pals time!!
This month my box came from Sarah!
A couple of weeks ago I came home and spotted this waiting for me on the dining room table. I felt a flutter of anticipation and wanted to just rip the box open into a million pieces to see what was inside, BUT I held restraint, and was able to calmly open it and see what awesomeness was in the inner depths of the box.
Already I see the word chocolate….this is gonna be good!
CHOCOLATE earl grey? Never heard of such a thing. I love getting London Fog’s at Starbucks (vanilla and earl grey), but chocolate. YES PLEASE?! And they come in the awesome little triangle bags. I don’t know what it is about these bags but I feel super fancy when I use them.
Next up, individual size packs of granola. How awesome is that? I’ve never seen these before either, but they are the perfect size. I can throw this and a Chobani in my bag and take to work for an awesome snack. Love it!
Next up, miniature Luna bars. We all know and love Luna bars, but in mini form? I mean seriously? Perfect size to stave off the hunger long enough to get you where you need to go. And to top it all off they are just so darn cute. Who doesn’t love all things mini?
And last but not least, chocolate Pringles!! Well, not really, they just look like Pringles. They are chocolate thins. Chocolaty and crispy and
pretty much gone already….
So there it is! All my awesome loot from the awesome Sarah. (Apple, knife and bible were NOT in the box) Thank you so much Sarah for my great treats!
If you want to see what I got for my foodie pen pal, head over to Lisa’s blog at The Splattered Apron to check it out!
Can’t wait till next month!
Want to join us next month? Here’s how it works and how you can get involved too!
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your pen pal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your pen pal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your pen pal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Pen Pals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your pen pal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Pen Pals is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa. So, I’m going to keep two separate lists and match US w/ US and Canada w/ Canada!
If you’re interested in participating for May, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
You must submit your information by May 4th as pairings will be emailed on May 5th!