Okie Dokie smokies…we all know how fast Wednesdays come around…so it’s no surprise that it’s here again is it?
This months theme over at WIAW is sensible snacking. I love this b/c so often I think “snack” or “snacking” has a negative connotation to it and that should NOT be the case! Snacking can TOTES be sensible. So thanks Jenn for this brilliant theme for WIAW for the month of June!
1. I love snacking on Avocados. These little green monsters are one of my favorite all-time foods.
2. Spoonfuls of cookie butter. That’s sensible right? Ok, ok, I’m just kidding…but sometimes I will put some CB on half a toasted sandwich thin for a nice crunchy sweet snack that really combats the hunger monster
3. Vita-top with a smidgen of Dark Chocolate Dreams PB. Chocolate overload without massive guilt.
4. These were some lovely snacks provided at a work function last week. The berries were perfectly sweet and I can not resist those little chocolate toffee’s. I love crunching into toffee and then picking it out of my teeth later. Ewwwww. I know, I know. TMI.
5. Half a bagel with some Dark Chocolate Dreams PB was sitting on this paper towel but I was so hungry I scarfed it before I even got a pic of a tiny bit of it. You will just have to trust me on this one. The half of the bagel was my 2nd breakfast. I had the first half in the morning and the 2nd half around 10 when the stomach gods were getting really angry with me.
6. steam-in-the-bag edamame. This is one of my favorite snacks to take to work. Just pop the bag in the micro for 3 min and it blows up really big and poofy and then you eat it up. We get ginormous bags of these at Costco so I always have one on hand to throw in my lunch bag and take to work. Sometimes I need them and sometimes I don’t…I just re-freeze them if I don’t eat them and take them the next day!
Since I spend the majority of my day at a desk at work, I always try to keep some snacks on hand just in case meetings go late or for some reason I miss a lunch etc…This is a sampling of what I have on hand…
Can’t go wrong with some Justins
Well if families love them…..they must be good!
awesome little crunchy snack…with just a hint of chocolate.
I’m def sensing a “nut” theme with my snacking… I think its time to call in the big guns….veggies!!
My goal for snacking before next Wednesday will be to up the quantity of veggie intake with regard to snack-a-lackin. <—I just made that up.
I still need some guest posters! It’s not for a few weeks still so plenty of time to prepare…email me and let me know if you are interested!
Reminder- The 1st (official) round of 23PAWS is in 10 short days!! Its on Saturday the 23rd.
I will have a post that you can link up too with a post of your own centered on your cute/cuddly/crazy/awesome pet!
There will be another couple of reminders before then, but just wanted to give you a heads up now. I’m super excited about it considering how much fun we (and our pets) had during the trial run!
What is your favorite snack to take to work?
Any themes to your snacking?
What kind of computer do you use? (I know random, just curious)