Last week, literally right as we were leaving to go camping I got two emails from two lovely ladies who had picked/nominated/chosen (never sure of the right terminology for these things) me for a couple of “blogger awards”. I was just incredibly humbled and excited about both of them, but haven’t had a chance to talk about them until now. So here we go! Jennifer at The Foodery chose me for the Sunshine Award. Here is how it works.
This prize is awarded to “bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere”. As an award winner, there are a few rules to follow:
- Thank the person who gave this award and write a post about it.
- Answer the questions below.
- Pass on the award to 10 fabulous bloggers, link their blogs, and let them know you awarded them.
1. favorite color? Right now it is dark navy blue. It used to be purple, but recently I decided to make some changes around here and that was the first. ???
2. favorite animal? I think this should be pretty obvious if you even visit my blog once, but I for sure love dogs.
3. favorite number? 23 (who knew?)
4. favorite color? again? lets stick with the dark navy blue
5. favorite drink? probably water. That is what I drink the most of anyway. But I do also love a nice glass of iced tea.
6. Facebook or Twitter? Well it used to be Facebook hands down, but as I get more into Twitter, the more I like it. I pretty much think I stink at it and would like to get better.
7. what is your passion? To teach and write
8. giving or getting presents? oh giving for sure. There is nothing quite like getting something for someone that you KNOW they will LOVE and then seeing their excitement when they get it.
9. favorite day of the week? Sunday. Church, class and usually some fun activity followed by chillin. Love.
10. favorite flower? Cali lillies
Thanks so much Jennifer
…this really made my day!
Here are my “nominees” for The Sunshine Award
If you aren’t familiar, this award is given to anyone who the blogger believes to have truly great content.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Include a link to their site
- Include the award image in your post
- Give 7 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 15 other bloggers
- Let those bloggers know they have been nominated
7 Random facts
Dark chocolate is my favorite of all the chocolates
I think I have a problem when it comes to handbags
I really miss swimming
I have been quite the cook/baker this past week
I made a cherry pie
I made these
girls website- didn’t turn out quite the same, but still super delish!
I made this
girls website- followed her recipe exactly except added some cucumber and avocado. Hello color!
I miss this face
Its supposed to be in the 70/80′s all week. Just like clockwork, after the 4th of July it stops raining. Bring on the summer!
In 23 (hey my favorite number) we get to go here
Who I nominate for this one: