Ok before we get into what I really want to talk about, let’s talk about some other things I want to talk about.
I guess by talk, what I mean is: I go all crazy up on the keyboard and you read it, hopefully smile and maybe (If I’m lucky) leave me a comment to let me know you are still there. Sound good?
Here we go.
1) We are at T minus 23 days until moving. Packing is coming together, plans are being arranged and things are being organized. Oh and all sorts of things are going wrong and causing stress. So nothing surprising there.
2) Speaking of 23…#23Paws is STILL taking place this week! Just because I am not all up in your face every day, doesn’t mean my little baby suffers. In fact, I have been looking forward to this because with all the stress in life right now, some cute pet posts can do nothing but help. So don’t forget, on Thursday post about your pet and then come over here and link up and check out everyone else’s post as well. Here are the Directions.
***Reminder, 23Paws is NOT just for dogs and cats…its for ALL pet. Yes, that means YOU Maren!! We want to see that cute Don Pedro!
3) Session 1 of the class I am teaching for the next few weeks was a success! I got first class evals back and they were all very positive. Everyone was able to be decisive unlike last time.
4) Paul and I have started watching Breaking Bad starting from Season 1. Yeah, this is not helping us to get any packing done at all. Every time an episode ends one of us is guaranteed to say, “wanna watch just one more?” He isn’t even tired of me yelling out “I’ve been there!” or “That place doesn’t exist!” or “that’s not a hospital, its a Casino!” (Breaking Bad takes place in Albuquerque, where I grew up, so I recognize most of the places in the show as they are my old stomping grounds.)
5) Training for the triathlon is going stellar!! We’ve done two pool sessions. And we have a bike ride planned. Hmmm…maybe stellar isn’t the right word.
Alright, on to what I really want to talk about. Awards.
It is pretty fantastic when you get an email or comment or trackback from another blogger where they call you out for being cool. Who wouldn’t love that? But I also kind of agree with Joanna…these awards are really just a way to create buzz and help bloggers share the love and recognize other bloggers in a way that maybe they wouldn’t normally. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. (Seinfeld anyone?)
Well I like sharing the love and have plans to do a lot more of that once we move. And in the spirit of mentioning our up and coming move, I think its HIGH time (is that right? high time? doesn’t seem right but I’m going with it) that I told you all why I am excited to move to a small town in the desert.
So I am taking my “7 things” and making a list of the top 7 reasons I am looking forward to turning my life upside down and moving to a place that is an hour away from my beloved Target and Costco.
1. I’m not going to be working
I guess technically I’m not going to be working at a job from 8-5 that pays me a salary. I will be working on the following things: exercising every day, reading, blogging, cooking and course development work (yes, I get to call myself a consultant now) fancy huh? Only one of these things will pay me but I consider all of them to be a sort of work.
2. Flip Flops
I love flip flops so much I would marry them if I weren’t already married to the greatest guy ever. If I could wear them every day I would as I think they are the most comfortable shoes ever. Luckily with the temps and my above mentioned new schedule I believe that I will be able to spend much more time in my beloved footwear.
3. Small town living
I have never lived in a town this small and am just gosh-darn interested to see what it is like. Will everyone be up in everyone’s grill all the time? Will I walk into stores and they will all yell my name? What will it be like to be able to get from one side of town to the other in less than 10 min? I am very curious about all of these things and am excited to get to the bottom of all of my questions!
4. Golf course
Our house is about 5 min away from the golf course. Holla!!
5. Chloe girl
Guess who gets to come home? This face!
Bye bye two hours in the car!!
7. close proximity to lots of fun things
(Distances are estimates) I crafted this picture map in about 1.4 minutes so forgive me if my geography isn’t 100% spot on. Thanks friends. YTB
YTB= you’re the best