Ok, so first things first….
Despite my recent absence from blogging and my moving woes…23Paws is still on. I have an awesome post all planned that involves info about a recent Bark Box that I received and maybe some videos that are a result of that Bark Box. You won’t want to miss it.
I’m really hoping that there will still be a decent amount of submissions even though I have been so recently absent. I really need some cuteness by way of pet blog posts about now….;-)
Ok since that is all squared away…what to talk about next?
I feel so overwhelmed with thoughts, ideas, stories etc….about the past few weeks that I don’t even know where to begin.
So this is an attempt to organize my thoughts and let you all know what will be forthcoming. Not sure its really necessary per se, but humor me if you will.
I also feel the urge to mention that I have not read ANY blogs in the past three-ish weeks. I am in serious withdrawal. I can hardly describe my excitement in cracking open my reader today and digging in. Can’t wait to see what everyone has been up to.
Ok, so in my last update post (a little over two weeks ago), this is what I had to say about what was about to happen:
Here is what REALLY happened:
- Last day of work was good. Emotional, but good. More to come on this
- Triathlon went well. For barely training anyway. I didn’t fall on my bike and I didn’t come in last. I consider that a WIN. More to come on this.
- Sunday did involve tears as we said goodbye to our church family. After that we did some more packing and football watching and tried to prepare ourselves for the upcoming week. We had no idea what was in store for us.
- Monday: Everything went downhill. The moving company called us and said they couldn’t arrive until Wednesday. BIG problem. (Mom did arrive.)
- Tuesday: we tried to fire our moving company twice but they kept making promises and then breaking them. Farewell dinner did happen with lots of tears, exhaustion and frustration. Couldn’t hardly even enjoy it because of all the stress with the moving company.
- Wednesday: fired moving company for good and had to scurry to make other arrangements. I had to call all hotels and change reservations for our trip down.
- Thursday: Friends came to the rescue and helped us load an ABF trailer in our driveway. Finally loaded by 330 and we left town at 4pm. Drove to Oregon to stay the night with Paul’s parents
- Friday: Drove to Crescent City, CA
- Saturday: Drove to San Francisco and got into town at around 6pm. That was some fun traffic!
- Sunday: Spent day in San Fran
- Monday: Drove to Santa Barbara and decided we wanted to live there instead
- Tuesday: Final drive into Ridgecrest
Even with all the back and forth and issues with the moving company we only ended up leaving 26 hours later than originally planned. It felt like an eternity though since we were planning on being loaded and out of our house Monday afternoon and it didn’t actually happen until Thursday. This was probably the longest, hardest, most emotionally draining week of my entire life. There is a full post coming on the details of what happened. (I’m also working on a letter to the Beter Business Bureau and the Attorney General….)
All of the above is in addition to a lot of things I want to talk about regarding our last few weeks in town. Basically everything that has happened since I stopped blogging. Well, the fun interesting stuff anyway. No plans to blog about me brushing my teeth or commuting or any of that boring stuff.
So yeah, lots to get to. We will start tomorrow and then Sunday is all about pets so get ready to LINK UP!!
Another fun pic to share….